Department of Zoology
The Department of zoology was established four decades ago in the year 1974. It is one of the pioneer Departments in M.V.Muthiah govt. arts college for women. The Department is offering U.G. course in the discipline of B.Sc. Zoology.
The Department makes every possible effort to impart valued teaching to mould and empower the students community who are mostly come from socioeconomic background and downtrodden.
The teaching curricula has been revised once in three years to update teaching and also taken lead in progress of the current subjects such as Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering; Animal, Plant and Environmental Biotechnology, Microbiology and Immunology, Biochemistry, Human Reproductive Biology, Economic Zoology, Sericulture, Vermiculture, Environmental studies etc. are keeping in pace of teaching up-front.
- To impart new horizon in teaching and research thereby shaping into a premier department.
- To ensure better quality of education with employability for students to attain their goal.
- To inculcate academic enrichment and refinement in women education.
- To impart value based, creative innovative and skilled oriented teaching.
- To educate new approaches and scientific measures for the conservation of biodiversity and bioresources.
- To conduct research in various thrust areas for flourishing the knowledge of students.
- Improvement in academic activity by motivational based teaching.
- To encourage and instill the students in curriculum, extracurricular and various competitive examinations.
- Field visit and Educational tour to ecological sites for enriching knowledge.
- To upgrade as P.G. and Research Department.