Department of Plant Bio-Technology
The undergraduate course Plant Biotechnology was started in the academic year 2012 – 2013. The Department offers Ancillary Botany to Zoology and Geography Department students. The department provides effective teaching methods to improve the students who are come from poor educational and financial background.
Plant Biotechnology is one of the most advanced fields in the recent years, so our curriculum covers the modern scientific trend subjects such as Cell and Molecular biology; Genetics, Plant breeding, Plant Biotechnology, Genetic engineering, Applied Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Biostatistics, Bioinstrumentation and Bioinformatics etc. These papers bring about the overall knowledge about the scientific era.
- To provide higher education to the students come from rural areas.
- To enrich the skills by exploring their aptitude, attitude to forefoot them in their versatile career.
- To enrich the practical knowledge of the students in biotechnological aspects to challenge the modern world.
- To provide an all-round development to the students with a hope to mould herself for an efficient women to the society.
- To make the student into an able and responsible woman who shall be self reliant, reasonable and responsible in the society.
- To facilitate the development of young women from all strata of society.
- To promote quality sustained education to women of socially, economically backward class.
- To mark a dynamic personality change in academic and placement venture.
- Dissemination of knowledge to all the downtrodden students.
- To inculcate the moral and ethical values to the students.
- To promote the scientific knowledge and erosion of superstitions.
- To motivate the students in various extracurricular activities.
- To upgrade as P.G. Department.