Department of History
The Department of History was established in 1970 offering B.A. History course, affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai. Currently, the department is affiliated to Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal and follows CBCS. MA History courses started in 2013. The department functions with the motto of enhancing the knowledge of the students providing them with the skills of employability. The students are prepared to face all competitive examinations with confidence. The rural well equipped to become advocates, eminent lecturers and other administrative officials.
Students are encouraged to participate in various inter collegiate competitions including paper presentations in recent topics and they excel in them. Dedicated staff members are working towards holistic development of the students , at present six regular staff members and two guest lecturer and constitutes our department. Our Alumini have acquired significant positions like Advocates, Police and Teachers etc.,
- Promotes informed and responsible citizens
- Develops many transferable skills such as presenting evidence , analyzing text research
- Enables pupils to enpathise with the many human stories throughout history
- The students of history acquire competencies invaluable to many professions, including oral and written communication skills, creative thinking and critical analysis.
- A history is by definition a story of change the object of a historical investigation was once one thing
- The personality of the author his motives intentions and temperament
- To understand ones existence
- To better future
- To learn from our ancestors
- To understand working of the society