Department of Commerce
The Department of Commerce was started in the Year 1986 and B.Com Degree Course was started with a sanctioned strength of 60 Students. Due to the high demand for this course, upto 75 students were admitted by getting temporary sanction for the additional seats. When Shift System was introduced in the government Colleges in the year 2007, B.Com Degree Course was started in the Second Shift also with a sanctioned strength of 60 students. The total student strength in the department is 360. Steps have been taken to get sanction for M.Com Degree Course in the current year.
- Empowerment of women students through knowledge for their economic and Social Betterment.
- To provide excellent value based commerce education.
- To prepare students for higher education in Commerce, Management Studies and courses like CA, ICWA, CS, etc.
- To make them employable by imparting the required skills.
- To provide for a wholesome development of their personality by imparting values and
- Empower them to face the challenges’
- To strengthen the knowledge of the students and to give a strong foundation in all the Commerce subjects.
- To create First Generation Graduates.
- To motivate them to develop the skills for self employment.
- To create environment consciousness among the students for the sustainable growth of the economy.